Would like to meet….be it a Dachshund or Pug, Whippet or Frenchie there’s something for all London Dogs in our London Dog Meetups Guide updated for 2019 (updated June 2019). Maybe you’re new to London or you just fancy meeting new peeps and London dogs. Either way, London Dog Meetups and London Dog Groups are a great way to socialise your dog and for us humans to meet other dog lovers and who knows, make new friends.
Back in 2015 (can’t believe how time flies) we did our first London Dog Meetups Guide and there were only 10 meetups on the list, then last year we updated it and there more than 30 groups for London Dogs to get social with. Sadly some of the previous groups have fallen by the wayside but plenty of others have sprung up, and for 2019, there are currently nearly 50 London Dog Meetups and Groups to fill up the canine calendar! I’ve included London Dog Groups in the London Dog Meetups Guide as these are a useful way to find out about things for doggos in your local area and especially as Meetup now charge group owners to host a group, many groups have moved over to Facebook where it’s free.
Hopefully with this (long) list, you’ll find one or more London Dog Meetups or Groups that would suit you and your pup, be it breed specific, getting active, just for fun or even one for single dog parents. If it’s a Meetup group, locations of the meetups are often only available once you’ve joined the relevant Meetup group so make sure to sign-up at Meetup.com (it’s free for group members although some groups ask for a small voluntary donation to cover the costs of running the group).
Oh and before we dive in, don’t forget to check out The Dogvine London Dog Events Calendar for London’s most comprehensive monthly listings of What’s On for London dogs, packed with plenty of other pawsome things to do with your dog.
Right, back to getting social with our London Dog Meetups Guide, enjoy…
- An oldie but a goodie is the Explore by Paw Dog Walking Meetup who organise regular weekend walks away for you and your doggo.
- London Singles & Minglers Dog Group for those looking for love or just a dog-walking companion.
- The Single Dog Owners South West London Meetup is not as you may think for those looking for love (although that could be a plus), but for those bringing up a pup on their own.
- Run the Pack LDN is a new addition to the guide and will be holding dog running (canicross) meetups throughout the year to raise money for dog rescue charities.
London Dog Meetups Guide | Groups For Small Dogs (All Breeds)
- Ladies with Leads is a group for female dog owners who have a small dog. All small breed dogs are welcome and the group meets regularly for different social events and activities.
- Run by the same organisers of Ladies with Leads is the meetup group London on a Lead, again for small dog breeds but this time a mixed group open to both women and men.
- The London Pugs Meetup is a well established group with over 2,800 members who meet monthly (usually the first Saturday of the month) as well as organising special events at Christmas etc.
- Nonsuch Park Pugs Meetup is a group for people and pugs in South West London with regular meetups in Nonsuch Park.
- Meeting on the second Saturday of the month is the Marble Hill Pug Meet who meet at the beautiful Marble Hill House in Twickenham.
- Pugs doing agility, what’s not to love about that! No longer on Meetup but there is now a small Kingston Pug Agility Meetup Group on Facebook.
- The Hyde Park Dachshund Meetup Group meet monthly in no prizes for guessing…Hyde Park. This group sound like a fun group, holding special themed events for Halloween and Christmas as well a doggy birthday party or two.
- You can’t talk about Dachshunds without talking about the London Lowriders Facebook Group. Recently featured in the first ever Facebook Exhibition ‘Gallery of Groups’ and organisers of the Greenwich Park ‘Sausage Walks’. Quite simply, if you’re a dachshund owner in London, you need to be part of this group.
- Finally, a relative newcomer to the scene but already a force to be reckoned with is Sausage Social London who hold local walks and get togethers.
- The London Frenchies Meetup Group counts itself as one of the longest running Meetup groups (it has been going for 10 years) and meets monthly.
- Battersea Park Frenchies Meetup Group also meet monthly and is a good option for those south of the river. As the group description says, ‘the more Frenchies, the merrier’.
- The Victoria Park French Bulldog Meetup Group meet monthly on the last Sunday of the month in you guessed it…Victoria Park.
- Another very popular group (over 1,800 members) is the London Monthly Bulldog Meetup who meet on the first Sunday of the month in Kensington Gardens. All types of bulldogs are welcome and the group also encourages people who are considering getting a bulldog to come along and chat to other owners.
- The London Monthly Bulldog Meetup has been so popular that the organisers have started a second monthly Bulldog Meetup, the SW London/Richmond Park Monthly Bulldog Meetup, this time on the 3rd Sunday of the month in Richmond Park.
- Another South London Bulldog Group is The Edward Foundation (TEF) South London Bulldog Walks Group who organise regular group walks for bulldogs.
London Dog Meetups Guide | Groups for Schnauzers
- Hampstead Heath Schnauzer Walks is a group that organises regular Schnauzer meetups and walks on Hampstead Heath
- For those south of the river, Beckenham Schnauzer Walks organise regular Schnauzer walks in Beckenham Place Park.
- Also south of the river is the Danson Park Schnauzer group who organise regular walks in Danson Park, Bexley too.
- PomeMania! is the London Hyde Park Meetup Group for Pomeranians. The group meets on the first Sunday of the month usually in Hyde Park.
- The London Boston Terrier Meetup Group makes sure to spread the Boston Terrier love around London, meeting in various parks across London once a month.
There are also groups for Whippets and Greyhounds but these tend to be Facebook Groups rather than Meetup Groups:
- Sighthound Sundays are a lovely group who meet monthly in Victoria Park on you guessed it, Sundays. The group is for sighthound lovers and walks take place on the first Sunday of the month in Victoria Park.
- Whippet Up are a Facebook Community that organise events and walks both in London and further afield. You can join the Whippet Up mailing list to be notified of upcoming events.
- For those with a retired Greyhound (bless you), there’s a lovely group especially for you: The London Retired Greyhounds Group of which our good friend Gwen The Greyhound is an organiser.
- For those just outside of London who like to get out and about with their Sighthound and join others on a social walk, the Surrey Sighthounds Walking Group could be the one for you.
London Dog Meetup Guide | Groups For Cavaliers
London Dog Meetups Guide | Groups For Chihuahuas
A new addition to the London Dog Meetup scene are the London Chihuahuas who get together on the first Saturday of the month.
Not just for London dogs but impossible not to mention is the UK Corgi Club who organise London meetups hosted by none other than London’s celebrity corgi, Marcel Le Corgi.
This beautiful breed definitely deserves their own group so lucky there’s the London Shiba Inu Walk Facebook Group who organise walks and get togethers in North and South London.
London Dog Meetups Guide | London Dog Groups by Area
A really useful resource for dog owners in different areas, are the area specific Facebook Groups where you can ask for recommendations on places to go, dog services to use or just organise a local walk with others in your area. Many also organise regular group dog walks too, here’s our pick of the pack..
North London Dog Groups
South London Dog Groups
- South London Dogs (we run this group for dogs from SW/SE London)
- Common Dog (for Clapham Common dog owners & walkers)
- The Real House Dogs of Tooting Common (paws up to whoever chose the name of this one)
- Wimbledon Common Dog Community
- Dogs in Kennington Park
- Southwark Loves Dogs
- Dogs of Battersea Park
- Battersea Park Pooches
- Wandsworth Common Dogs
- Dogs in Brockwell Park
- Mayow’s Mutts (Sydenham, Mayow Park areas)
- Dogs of SE4 and surrounding
- Merton Dog Watch
- Morden Hall Park Dog Walkers Group
- Beckenham Palace Park Dogs
East London Dog Groups
- Walthamstow Forest 4 Dogs
- Canary Woof
- Tower Hamlets 4 Dogs
- Newham Dog Community
- Isle of Dogs Doggie Meetups
- Redbridge 4 Dogs
West London Dog Groups
We hope you enjoyed the London Dog Meetups Guide! Do you know of other London Dog Meetups or London Dog Groups that should be on this list? Please let me know in the comments below & I’ll make sure they’re added!