On your marks, get set…bake!
After being a barking success last year, the All Dogs Matter’s Great Hampstead Bark Off returns for its second year to Parliament Hill on Hampstead Heath. Put your canine culinary skills to the test and see if you have what it takes to be the Star Baker by entering your dog-themed cake or doggy treats in the Bake Off.
See if your pooch has what it takes to be Top Dog in the Dog Show by impressing celebrity judges such as Peter Egan, Marc Abraham, Michelle Collins and Dolly the Bulldog (ex-ADM dog and recently seen on the Supervet).
The Great Hampstead Bark Off 2015 – Bake Off
- Registration – 11am
- Cake Registration – 11am
- Bake Off – 12-1pm
Entries can be for one of two categories: best designed cake (human) and best doggy delight (dog). The Star Bakers will receive a hamper of goodies and their cake will be featured on the All Dogs Matter and Lily’s Kitchen websites.
If you need some ba(r)king inspiration, here are some of last year’s entries to give you some ideas. Photos courtesy of Dogstar Photo:
Bake Off Judges: Pop Bakery, The Dog Cake Empawrium, Rockin Robs Cakes, Beautiful Joes and Richard Gentry of the Heath Constabulary.
Then it’s your four-legged friend’s chance to shine in one (or more) of these categories in the Dog Show:
The Great Hampstead Bark Off 2015 – Dog Show
- Cutest Pup – 1pm
- Golden Oldies – 1:30pm
- Best Rescue – 2pm
- Mr Heath – 2:30pm
- Miss Heath – 3pm
Photos courtesy of Dogstar Photo:
Dog Show Judges: Angela and Martin Humphrey, Michelle Collins, journalist Stefanie Marsh, Hair of the Dog, Goldschmidts, The Mutt Hut, Phileass Dogg, The Wag Club, The Arc Vet, Mark Jordan and ex-All Dogs Matter dog Dolly the Bulldog who featured on the Supervet.
There will be some great prizes up for grabs by the lucky winners:
- 1stPrize in the different categories for the Dog Show is a Lily’s Kitchen Hamper!
- Lead The Walk have donated items by Found My Animal to the Best Rescue category in the Dog Show
- VetBox have donated some yearly subscriptions to some lucky winners in the Dog Show!
How to Enter
Entries for the Bake Off and the Dog Show should be pre-registered. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org up until the night before the event, however if there are still spaces in the categories, you can arrive and register on the day (registration is at 11am). Entries for both the Bake Off and the Dog Show are £5 per entry per category.
What else will be happening on the day?
- There will be delicious cupcakes (doggy and human) from The Dog Cake Empawrium on sale.
- Zasman Vets will be there offering free micro chipping! Zasman Vets have also provided the exciting 2ndprizes for the Dog Show.
- Kids (and adults) can get into the swing of things with some creative Face Painting from Creature Features Face Painting.
- Photographer Michelle Kerley will be there to take shots of all the pooches plus one lucky winner in the Dog Show will win a 1 hour pet portrait photo shoot!
The day will finish off with a Raffle featuring some of the gorgeous brands below and finally there will be a Cake Auction with some fabulous 3D dog cakes – a Pug and a Cavalier King Charles kindly donated by Rockin Robs Cakes. Bake off contestants can also donate their cakes to be sold or eaten (yes please).
All Dogs Matter is a small London-based charity rescuing and rehoming dogs – they have rehomed 95 dogs this year already and have another 44 waiting to find their forever home. You can meet some of their lovely dogs at the event, and all the profits from the event go directly to helping these dogs at All Dogs Matter.