Remember our feature on London’s dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club over the summer? Well, as of last month the beach club has been transformed into a dog-friendly Alpine Ski Resort for the Winter season – the Winterland Alpine Club. As Winterland say on their website, they are ‘dog-friendly for well-behaved owners’. So if that sounds like you, here’s why you should visit the dog-friendly Winterland Alpine Club with your pup…
London’s Dog-friendly Winterland Alpine Club…All You Need to Know
Dog-friendly Winterland Alpine Club | It’s a pawsome place for a doggy get together
We were there on one of the first weekends of the season for Daphne the Wondersossige‘s fabulous doggy birthday party. It’s not surprising that Daphne chose Winterland for her party seeing as Neverland Beach Club featured in Daphne’s top tips in the dog-friendly London guide to Hammersmith & Fulham on the blog in October.
Winterland took it all in their stride and the staff seemed really pleased to have lots of sausage dogs (plus a few sausage dog ring-ins like Belinha) as their first visitors of the season and pretty much taking over Winterland.
With loads of space for the dogs, who ran around making themselves at home and plenty of puparazzi photo opportunities (although dog co-operation not guaranteed), it was a blast.
Winterland definitely gets a paws up from us as a great choice for an impromptu doggy get together or a planned birthday party like Daphne’s.
Forget The Alps, the Winterland Alpine Club is the place to be…
Winterland (and Neverland) certainly do decor well. The summer edition was a knockout and the winter edition doesn’t disappoint either.
When you walk in you’re met with alpine scenes and faux fur covered sofas galore, whilst outside igloos, winter lodges and fairy lit alpine chair lifts will keep you insta snapping for a quite a while.
Thanks to the many heat lamps it’s super cosy too, both in the main area or if you choose to book one of the outdoor Alpine winter lodges.
Human-friendly Winterland Alpine Club | Lots for well-behaved owners to do too
Don’t worry humans, there’s plenty for you on offer too. Relax for a chat on the cosy sofas or in one of the winter lodges with your pup, tuck into a delicious pizza or burger or even partake in a spot of Curling or Putting Pong.
Bear in mind that dogs are allowed until 5pm so given the opening times, this means weekend visits only if you’re dog is planning to go too (which of course they are).
Dog-friendly Winterland Alpine Club | The Essential Info
Here’s the essential info you need to know to make the most of your visit to this year’s dog-friendly Winterland Alpine Club…
- Visit London’s version of a dog-friendly ski resort, Winterland Alpine Club at 364 Wandsworth Bridge Rd, Fulham, London SW6 2TY until the end of February 2019.
- To get to Winterland, public transport options are:
- Wandsworth Town Station and then it’s approx a 10 minute walk over Wandsworth Bridge.
- Fulham Broadway or Parsons Green tube, then it’s a 20 minute walk from either of these.
- Imperial Wharf Overground from Clapham Junction / Shepherds Bush then approx. a 15 minute walk.
- For those wanting to drive, parking can be found on the side streets on the other side of the road to Winterland (off Carnwath Road).
- Opening times are 6pm-11pm Thursday & Friday, 12pm-11pm Saturday and 12pm- 8pm Sunday. Dogs are welcomed until 5pm so weekend visits only for doggos. Opening times will differ over Christmas and New Year so check the booking calendar to see what’s available.
- Although dogs are more than welcomed, dog water bowls aren’t the norm here so remember to bring your own.
- You can book for Winterland Alpine Club here, general entry starts at £5 per person which includes a mulled wine on entry. Extras such an igloo or winter cabin can all be booked for an extra cost.