This weekend, London dogs can look forward to the ultimate Doggy Dentist experience coming to Notting Hill courtesy of much-loved London pet food brand, Lily’s Kitchen. After the success of the Lily’s Kitchen House of Treats last year (which Belinha loved), and coinciding with Pet Dental Health Month in February, the Lily’s Kitchen Doggy Dentist is guaranteed to give your dog a ‘Hollywoof Smile’ to be proud of.
When we heard about the Doggy Dentist, we were intrigued – could Lily’s Kitchen turn a visit to the dreaded dentist into a fun experience? If anyone can it’s Lily’s Kitchen, so we went along to the press preview to find out what pups can expect and to tell you all about this pawsome event so you can go too.
The Lily’s Kitchen Doggy Dentist Experience
From the moment you spot the Doggy Dentist on Westbourne Grove, you know this is going to be a dentist experience like no other…
Pups are welcomed with a smile at the Canine Check-in. And while humans fill out a pup patient card, dogs can sample some of the Lily’s Kitchen Woofbrush Dental Chews or Proper Treats on offer.
Once checked in, it’s into the Petting Room where the fun begins. For pups so inclined, there’s a ball pit to dive into with treats hidden inside. Meanwhile, humans can brush up on their knowledge (no pun intended) and find out more about the Lily’s Kitchen Woofbrush, an innovative natural dental chew to keep canine teeth in tip-top shape.
Pre or post checkup, there’s the chance to capture that ‘Hollywoof Smile’ on camera at the Hollywoof Photo Booth and get your pup pic in the Doggy Dentist Hall of Fame as well as a printed photo to take home. Turning on her trademark smile, Belinha needed no encouragement to pose for the camera, grinning from ear to ear!
Then it’s time to see the Doggy Dentist, who’ll give pups an expert checkup while they recline in comfort watching TV. Belinha is not usually a fan of people touching her mouth, but between the distraction of the birds and fishes on TV and being able to sit back and relax, she actually seemed to enjoy the experience. And she definitely approved when a Woofbrush was handed over!
I was really pleased to get a report that Belinha’s teeth are in good shape, especially seeing as she’s now thirteen. Belinha was just pleased that a visit to the Doggy Dentist includes getting a doggy goody bag with Lily’s Kitchen Treats in to take home!
Lily’s Kitchen Woofbrush Dental Chew
We’ve actually used the Lily’s Kitchen Woofbrush Dental Chews previously and what attracted me to the Woofbrush was that not only is it natural, but the unique bubbly texture makes it easier for dogs to eat, whether they’re young pups or senior canine citizens, cleaning their teeth as they do.
Since seeing the Doggy Dentist, we also learnt that the Woofbrush is packed full of nourishing ingredients like Coconut Oil, Algae, Fennel and Parsley. Plus thanks to its spongy texture, it cleans right down to the gum line which is super important.
Based on Belinha’s reaction, the Woofbrush must taste good too, so it’s a bonus that cleaning your dog’s teeth can be a treat for them (and by extension, for you).
If you go along to the Doggy Dentist you’ll get your own Woofbrush to take home and try, but if you can’t make it, then we’ve got a pawsome WOOFBRUSH GIVEAWAY up for grabs…
We’ve got a treat waiting for some lucky pups, with TEN packs of the Lily’s Kitchen Woofbrush to win That’s TEN dogs who’ll get lucky in our Giveaway!
(Each Woofbrush pack contains 7 Woofbrush chews and you can choose the chew size suitable for your pup) – Good Luck!
Visiting the Lily’s Kitchen Doggy Dentist – What You Need To Know
- When: The Doggy Dentist is open from Thursday 13th February to Sunday 16th February, from 10am – 6pm daily
- Where: 297 Westbourne Grove, Notting Hill, W11 2QA. The closest tube stations are Notting Hill Gate or Ladbrook Grove, both about a 10-minute walk away
- Tickets: The event is free to attend, and you can book a slot on this link. If the event is showing as sold out, we have been told there will be more slots being released over the weekend so do check back
- Walk-ins: If you don’t manage to get your paws on a bookable slot, don’t worry – there are walk-in appointments available every day. So you can just turn up, and as each slot is 30 minutes, you should be able to see the Doggy Dentist without waiting for too long
- Other Key Info: Each booking (or walk-in) slot allows for up to two dogs for a 30-minute visit. If you want to bring more than two dogs then either book multiple slots or come with a friend so you can take turns going in