The Saltdean Lido Dog Swim has to be paws down our favourite dog event of the year and we're pleased to share that the Saltdean Lido Dog Swim
The Saltdean Lido Dog Swim has to be paws down our favourite dog event of the year and we’re pleased to share that the Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2021 is back for its fifth year, with not one or two but THREE fabulous weekends where dogs take over Saltdean Lido for the end of season dog swim! The Saltdean Lido Dog Swim will take place on 11/12 September, 18/19 September AND 25/26 September 2021 so now you are spoilt for choice on when to go swimming with your pup!
New for 2021 are the special ‘quiet sessions’ with limited numbers as well as dedicated sessions for smaller dogs under 10kg. Read on to find out all the impawtent info for this year’s dog swim…
If you want to know more about this brilliant event and what’s in store at the Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2021, plus useful tips on how to get there and what to do after the swim, then read our features on the Saltdean Lido dog swims from previous years:
Humans can also go along of course, either as spectators if you don’t plan to actually swim with your dog but to stand on the side or you can get human swimming tickets too if you plan to join your dog in the water.
Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2021 Sessions & Tickets
- Saturday, 11th: 9am; 1pm; 3pm and 5pm
- Sunday 12th: 9.30am; 11.30am; 3pm and 5pm
- Saturday 18th: 9am; 11am; 3pm and 5pm
- Sunday 19th: 9.30am; 11.30am; 3pm and 5pm
- Saturday 25th: 9am; 11am; 1pm; 3pm and 5pm
- Sunday 26th: 10am; 12noon; 2pm; 4pm
- Saturday 11th: 11am Spectator tickets ONLY for the Kent & Sussex Golden Retriever Group slot
- Sunday 12th: 1.30pm (Quiet session, restricted numbers 1 hour)
- Saturday 18th: 1pm Small Dogs Session (dogs up to 10kgs)
- Sunday 19th: 1.30pm (Quiet Session, restricted numbers 1 hour)
The pool will be lovely and warm, so whether you want to leap into the deep end, dip a paw or slide in the paddling pool or chase the water jets in the wet play area, this is the time to do your thing and drop your human a hint and don’t forget to tell them that tickets sell out quickly!
- If your Human wants to swim with you, then they’ll need a Human Swim ticket, but if you prefer them to stand at the poolside and throw a toy, then a Spectator ticket is fine.
- For H&S reasons, under-16s aren’t allowed in the pool. This applies to Humans only!
- Under-16 Humans are welcome with a spectator ticket and can play with you from the poolside.
- There is an absolute Zero Tolerance policy towards aggression, so if either you or your Human growl or snarl, you’ll both be asked to leave.
- And of course, it goes without saying that we assume you’ve got your Human trained to pick up after you.
- Feel free to bring a ball or toy – there’s lots of grass to run around on and there will be a security gate in place again for safety.
Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2021 Ticket Prices:
Tickets for the dog swim are very reasonable: £8 for swim tickets – (dogs or humans) and £3.00 for spectators (+ booking fee) with all funds raised from the Saltdean Lido Dog Swim going to support the upkeep of this beautiful Grade II listed art deco lido.
The Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2021 is being sponsored by YORA dog food (YORA were recently featured in our How To Be An Eco-Friendly Dog Owner Guide) who will be providing dog treats for all the doggos!
ENJOY THE DOG SWIM PUPPERS!
For more exciting Dog Events (more events being added each week), check out our Dog Events Calendar.
(Sunday) 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
The Oval Park, Saltdean Park Rd, Saltdean, Brighton BN2 8SP
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
25th september 2021 9:30 am - 25th september 2021 6:30 pm26th september 2021 10:00 am - 26th september 2021 5:30 pm