Run the Pack Walthamstow Marshes | Join Run the Pack LDN for a run through Walthamstow Marshes on 15 September where you can choose between a 5km or 10km run.
Run the Pack Walthamstow Marshes | Join Run the Pack LDN for a run through Walthamstow Marshes on 15 September where you can choose between a 5km or 10km run. Running with your dog is a fantastic way to keep fit and have fun. Also known as canicross, it’s an exciting and fast-growing sport.
We run in groups, led by a pack leader and set off in waves. Our rule is ‘no dog left behind’. It’s first and foremost about having fun – nobody is too slow! For those looking for a personal best this might not be the event for you, but you’re more than welcome (we’ll provide you with a map).
Run the Pack Walthamstow Marshes kicks off at 9 am on Sunday 15th September and the organisers will be in touch before the event to confirm the exact start point in Walthamstow Marshes.
Every pooch will receive a doggy bag packed full of healthy treats when they cross the ‘finish line’, and there’ll be prizes thanks to our incredible sponsors.
– All abilities welcome – new to canicross or regular runners
– Organised entirely by volunteers
– We hold 4 meetups a year, Sep-May (avoiding the hot summer months)
CDRS is an independent rescue and rehoming shelter in Hertfordshire. The charity refuses to put dogs down, provides extensive veterinary care and training for dogs that need it and gives a second chance to hundreds of dogs every year.
A few things to think about:
– If this is the first time you’ll be running with your dog, you may want to consult your Vet.
– Dogs must be fully mature to run. Typically this is at least 12 months old for smaller dogs and 18 months for larger.
– Maximum 2 dogs per runner.
– We’ll start at 9 am. Please arrive in good time. Your dog will want a sniff.
– We recommend dogs run in a canicross harness but a regular, non-restrictive harness is also OK. No leads on collars.
– We recommend humans run with a waist belt and bungee lead for your own comfort and safety. If you don’t have either of these please let us know as we have spares for you to borrow. Email email@example.com
– The event is on-lead. We can’t accept any off-lead dogs.
– Please bring water and poo bags. You are responsible for your dog’s hydration and picking up after your pooch.
– Run in appropriate trainers and comfortable clothes. Parts of the route may be a little muddy.
– You must be in control of your dog. We are inclusive (canicross can be a great outlet for dogs with anxiety or other issues), but please let us know if your dog likes a bit more space.
– We run in all weathers. Join us even if it looks like rain!
If you have any questions, please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event description and image courtesy of the event organisers.
(Sunday) 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Lee Valley London E10 7QL