Remember last month we told you about dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club, the urban beach coming to Fulham, SW6? Well, Belinha and her pal Starlett the Westie went along to sniff out the scoop and tell you all you need to know about dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club from a pup’s perspective. So if you’re thinking of going along with your dog…this is for you.
Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club
Tucked away by the Thames underneath Wandsworth Bridge, dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club gives you the opportunity to feel the sand between your toes (or paws) without even leaving London. Whoever came up with the concept has transformed this little bit of urban London into a paradise of palm trees, sun, sand and pastel coloured…everything! A welcome breeze floats in from The Thames which is literally next door.
Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club | What Is There To Do?
Hide out in one of the pastel beach huts, relax in a cabana or on a day bed and for more active humans there are activities like shuffleboard and putting pong to keep you busy too. If just chilling out is your thing, you can definitely do that whilst sipping on a cocktail from the bar or move to the pastel coloured pergola area for lunch from Jimmy’s BBQ (of Jimmy Garcia pop-up fame) or the Pizza Shed.
Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club | When Can Dogs Go?
Dogs (and children) are welcome (and encouraged) until 5pm which makes sense as although we went in the day, we can see how the beach club by day will turn beach party by night. There was music in the day but it was at a reasonable level from a pup’s perspective.
Neverland Beach Club is open from Wednesday to Sunday but only opens at 6pm during the week, so London Dogs should plan for a weekend visit when it opens at midday. We visited on a Saturday getting there just after 12pm, so were able to get deck chairs without a problem. Later on in the afternoon it got busy so we would recommend getting there early if you’re going for the general entry option.
Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club | Belinha’s and Starlett’s Top Tips
Of course you can always book one of the perfectly formed pastel beach huts (good for groups), covered day beds or a St Tropez style cabana (for four) and then you’ve got your space guaranteed and will be able to keep cool. This would definitely be on Belinha’s and Starlett’s ‘Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club Top Tips’ list….
Cool off in a cabana or beach hut
Make it a social occasion! Bring some four-legged friends or make some new ones while you’re there like we did
Get into the St Tropez spirit like Starlett and make sure your water is served Moet style
Check what’s on for the day when you plan to go, so your pup can avoid any of the more party style events
Dog-friendly Neverland Beach Club | What Else You Need To Know
- General entry to Neverland gets you a spot on one of the deck chairs on the beach and to the venue overall – this is usually £5 but on some days such as Saturday, is £10.
- Deck chairs are available to those on the general entry option but if you’re planning to spend a while there with your pup then we recommend booking a beach hut, covered day bed or cabana so you both have somewhere to cool off in.
- If you fancy a beach hut, cabana or day bed these are all extra and should be booked in advance (prices vary from reasonable to pricey depending on the day so make sure to check on the booking link below).
- Activities (Shuffleboard, putting pong) cost extra but can also be booked when there.
- Enjoy the beach at Neverland Beach Club – 364 Wandsworth Bridge Rd, Fulham, London SW6 2TY until September 30th 2018.
- To get there, the closest public transport is Wandsworth Town Station and then it’s approx a 10 minute walk over Wandsworth Bridge. You can also go to Fulham Broadway tube, then it’s a 20 minute walk or 10 minutes on the No 28 or No 295 bus. For those wanting to drive, we found paid parking available on the side streets on the other side of the road to Neverland (off Carnwath Road).
- If you live in the SW6 area, lucky you! Neverland Beach Club is offering free entry for local residents and businesses on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (for SW6 dogs) with proof of a SW6 address.
- You can book for Neverland Beach Club here.
Finally, make sure to use the #dogsofneverland hasthag for those oh so instagrammable shots…ENJOY!