Would like to meet….be it a Dachshund or Pug, Whippet or Frenchie there’s something for all London Dogs in our NEW London Dog Meetups Guide updated for 2018. Maybe you’re new to London or you just fancy meeting new peeps and London dogs. Either way, London Dog Meetups and London Dog Groups are a great way to socialize your dog and for us humans to meet other dog lovers and who knows, make new friends.
A while back (can’t believe how time flies) we did our first London Dog Meetups Guide and there were a good number of meetups on the list, well 10 in fact. I’ve been meaning to update the list for a while so finally here it is, new for 2018…. our updated London Dog Meetups Guide. Sadly some of the previous groups have fallen by the wayside but plenty of others have sprung up, there are now a whopping 30+ London Dog Meetups and Groups to fill up your social canine calendar.
I’ve also included some London Dog Groups in the London Dog Meetups Guide as these are a useful way to find out about things for doggos in your local area. Hopefully with this (long) list, you’ll find one or more London Dog Meetups or Groups that would suit you and your pup, be it breed specific, getting active, just for fun or even one for single dog parents. Locations of the meetups are often only available once you’ve joined the relevant Meetup group so make sure to sign-up at Meetup.com (it’s free). Meetup changed the rules for organisers a while back, so as it now costs to host a Meetup group, you may find that some groups ask for a small voluntary donation to cover the costs of running the group.
Oh and before we dive in, don’t forget to check out The Dogvine London Dog Events Calendar for London’s most comprehensive monthly listings of What’s On for London dogs, packed with plenty of other pawsome things to do with your dog.
Right, back to getting social with our London Dog Meetups Guide, enjoy…
London Dog Meetups & Groups For All Dogs
- The Single Dog Owners South West London Meetup is not as you may think for those looking for love (although that could be a plus), but for those bringing up a pup on their own. Although a new group who are yet to schedule a meetup, we like the ethos with this one so hope it’s successful.
- An oldie but a goodie is the Explore by Paw Dog Walking Meetup who organise regular weekend walks away for you and your doggo.
- For those who like to be active, why not try the Jogging with Dogs Meetup in Hyde Park who are setting up regular jogs starting with an easy 3k.
Meetups For Pugs In London
- The London Pugs Meetup is a well established group with over 2,800 members who meet monthly (usually the first Saturday of the month) as well as organising special events at Christmas etc.
- Pugs doing agility, what’s not to love about that! If you think that’s something your pug would enjoy then the Kingston Pug Agility Meetup Group who meet monthly on the last Sunday of the month could be for you.
Meetups For Dachshunds In London
- The Hyde Park Dachshund Meetup Group meet monthly in no prizes for guessing…Hyde Park. This group sound like a fun group, holding special themed events for Halloween and Christmas as well a doggy birthday party or two.
- You can’t talk about Dachshunds without talking about the London Lowriders Facebook Group. Recently featured in the first ever Facebook Exhibition ‘Gallery of Groups’ and organisers of the Greenwich Park ‘Sausage Walks’ as featured in our March London Dog Events round-up. Quite simply, if you’re a dachshund owner in London, you need to be part of this group.
- Finally, a relative newcomer to the scene but already a force to be reckoned with is Sausage Social London who hold local walks and get togethers.
Meetups For French Bulldogs In London
- The London Frenchies Meetup Group counts itself as one of the longest running Meetup groups (it has been going for 10 years) and meets monthly.
- Battersea Park Frenchies Meetup Group also meet monthly and is a good option for those south of the river. As the group description says, ‘the more Frenchies, the merrier’.
- The Victoria Park French Bulldog Meetup Group meet monthly on the last Sunday of the month in you guessed it…Victoria Park.
- Another very popular group (over 1,800 members) is the London Monthly Bulldog Meetup who meet on the first Sunday of the month in Kensington Gardens. All types of bulldogs are welcome and the group also encourages people who are considering getting a bulldog to come along and chat to other owners.
- The London Monthly Bulldog Meetup has been so popular that the organisers have just started a second monthly Bulldog Meetup, the SW London/Richmond Park Monthly Bulldog Meetup, this time on the 3rd Sunday of the month in Richmond Park.